Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Baking With Kids Tips #1

I have three kids -- all of which love to help me bake. So I've had a munchkin helper or two or three for going on 7 years now and have a few helpful hints and tips on how to get your darlings in the kitchen with you without the stress little helper hands can sometimes cause. I know baking with three kids doesn't make me an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I thought I'd share what works for me and my little chefs.

Tip #1 -- Time Management

Before you start a baking project (and yes, with kids involved it becomes a project) decide how much time you'll need. One of the biggest stress creators I've found baking with kids is when I haven't allotted enough time to get the job done -- I begin to rush to finish and that is a recipe for disaster. I don't know about you, but when I'm rushed, I get testy and when I get testy I stop having fun. If I'm not having fun how is it possible that my kids are. It's not.

Always make sure you have over estimated the time you need from start to finish. When kids help they want to help. Everything you do they want to do too. Make sure you have enough time to let them. I guarantee you and your family will be creating fun-filled baking memories.

Always remember my Golden Rule of Baking with Kids -- Baking should always be one part laughter, one part mess, and three parts FUN!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home